- Owiti N, Wei S, Bhagwat AS, Kim N.
Unscheduled DNA synthesis leads to elevated uracil residues at highly transcribed genomic loci in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
PLoS Genetics (Jul, 2018) PMID: 30016327
- Wei S, Perera MLW, Sakhtemani R, Bhagwat AS.
A novel class of chemicals that react with abasic sites in DNA and specifically kill B cell cancers.
PLoS One (Sep, 2017) PMID: 28926604
- Siriwardena SU, Chen K, Bhagwat AS.
Functions and Malfunctions of Mammalian DNA-Cytosine Deaminases.
Chemical Reviews (Oct, 2016) PMID: 27585283
- Bhagwat AS, Hao W, Townes JP, Lee H, Tang H, Foster PL.
Strand-biased cytosine deamination at the replication fork causes cytosine to thymine mutations in Escherichia coli.
PNAS (Feb, 2016) PMID: 26839411
- Green AM, Landry S, Budagyan K, Avgousti DC, Shalhout S, Bhagwat AS, Weitzman.
APOBEC3A damages the cellular genome during DNA replication.
Cell Cycle (Feb, 2016) PMID: 26918916
- Siriwardena SU, Guruge TA, Bhagwat AS.
Characterization of the Catalytic Domain of Human APOBEC3B and the Critical Structural Role for a Conserved Methionine.
Molecular Biology (Sep, 2015) PMID: 26281709
- Wei S, Shalhout S, Ahn YH, Bhagwat AS.
A versatile new tool to quantify abasic sites in DNA and inhibit base excision repair.
DNA repair (Mar, 2015) PMID: 25616257
- Shalhout S, Haddad D, Sosin A, Holland TC, Al-Katib A, Martin A, Bhagwat AS.
Genomic uracil homeostasis during normal B cell maturation and loss of this balance during B cell cancer development.
Molecular and cellular biology (Nov, 2014) PMID: 25154417
- Jinks-Robertson S, Bhagwat AS.
Annual review of genetics 48 (Sep, 2014) PMID: 25251854
- Wijesinghe P, Bhagwat AS.
Efficient deamination of 5-methylcytosines in DNA by human APOBEC3A, but not by AID or APOBEC3G.
Nucleic acids research 40, 9206 (Oct, 2012) PMID: 22798497
- Hashimoto H, Hong S, Bhagwat AS, Zhang X, Cheng X.
Excision of 5-hydroxymethyluracil and 5-carboxylcytosine by the thymine DNA glycosylase domain: its structural basis and implications for active DNA demethylation.
Nucleic acids research 40, 10203 (Nov, 2012) PMID: 22962365
- Chan K, Sterling JF, Roberts SA, Bhagwat AS, Resnick MA, Gordenin DA.
Base damage within single-strand DNA underlies in vivo hypermutability induced by a ubiquitous environmental agent.
PLoS genetics 8, e1003149 (Dec, 2012) PMID: 23271983
- Kuo HK, Krasich R, Bhagwat AS, Kreuzer KN.
Importance of the tmRNA system for cell survival when transcription is blocked by DNA-protein cross-links.
Molecular microbiology 78, 686 (Nov, 2010) PMID: 20807197
- Carpenter MA, Rajagurubandara E, Wijesinghe P, Bhagwat AS.
Determinants of sequence-specificity within human AID and APOBEC3G.
DNA repair 9, 579 (May, 2010) PMID: 20338830
- Betham B, Shalhout S, Marquez VE, Bhagwat AS.
Use of Drosophila deoxynucleoside kinase to study mechanism of toxicity and mutagenicity of deoxycytidine analogs in Escherichia coli.
DNA repair 9, 153 (Feb, 2010) PMID: 20005183
- Canugovi C, Samaranayake M, Bhagwat AS.
Transcriptional pausing and stalling causes multiple clustered mutations by human activation-induced deaminase.
FASEB journal 23, 34 (Jan, 2009) PMID: 18772346